Barbecue huts have recently become a trend because of the revived popularity of outdoor cookouts. A BBQ hut is potentially a financially demanding and sizeable investment. However, it is absolutely a great way to invest your money in. Moreover, there are options that would make your investment trouble-free and lucrative at the same time. Just like any other property-related ventures, location is a significant factor in the building of your barbecue huts. The garden is undoubtedly the best place to install your BBQ hut but where exactly in the garden?
Barbecue Huts Location and Other Top Tips
A good building, particularly a BBQ hut, always starts with a good strong foundation. Thus, it is imperative to choose a base for your barbecue hut that will help it endure the elements and other affecting factors.
Choosing the Best Place Requires Common Sense
Choose a location that is not prone to flooding and soil erosion or any other natural calamities that would gravely affect the foundation of the barbecue huts. Take note that you are dealing with a wooden structure that can be prone to rotting and other similar things. The wooden surfaces should be prevented from coming into contact with water or water build-up. It should be higher than the ground in order to keep it from the elements. There are also barbecue huts that have concrete bases or foundations which are more durable than wooden constructions.
Location and Barbecue Hut Permission
One of the most important things you need to know about the construction of barbecue huts is the planning and building permission. Do you want to deal with getting and securing these requirements or do you want to proceed without the permitted development requests? If you choose the latter, then the location of the BBQ would spell a world of difference.
Here are some of the things you need to remember about BBQ huts, locations, and their connection to getting a planning and building permission:
* Planning and building permission is not required if the barbecue hut is located to the rear portion of your property. However, if the structure is at the middle or front area of the garden or the property where it is most likely visible, then it is considered a permitted development.
* Barbecue huts that are less than 4 metres in height or 3 metres to the eaves do not require building or planning permission. Thus, it is easier to proceed with the construction without the required permits if the wooden structure is not that big to begin with.
* Build a barbecue hut in a location that is not considered a conservation area as recognized by your local government. In most cases, any new developments or constructions within this particular location require permission from the designated authorities.
* Barbecue huts that are not part of a tenement, flat or apartment are good for construction without planning permission. This is also applicable to locations within a listed building’s boundary or if it is a part of a building that is within its 1-metre boundary. The BBQ hut should only be within 2.5 metres in height.
* You can proceed with the construction without permission if the BBQ hut will not be utilized as a bedroom and if its building footprint does not exceed 50% of those properties that are outside the space.
DIY BBQ Huts vs. Hiring a Contractor
Barbecue huts have the same design and construction concept as any wooden structures such as a residential log cabin. However, the size and features of the BBQ hut would influence the need for a professional contractor or if you can do it on your own. Nonetheless, if you don’t have any basic knowledge and skills with woodworking and construction, it is best to leave the task to the pros.
Why go for DIY?
Once you have chosen the best place to install your barbecue hut in the garden, it is time for you to decide whether it is a task you can successfully carry on with or otherwise. The perks of going DIY with your barbecue hut construction are astonishingly fulfilling. For instance, it allows you to explore numerous design options, layouts, and any structural selections that could be integrated into your BBQ hut. There is a sense of personal achievement and pride seeing the fruits of your hard work in the end.
Why hire a contractor?
On the other hand, hiring a contractor for the installation of barbecue huts is also a wise and practical choice. For instance, these professionals have the skills, experience, and tools to do the job. You can get a remarkable barbecue hut without even lifting a finger. Moreover, you can choose from a wide array of bespoke huts that cater to your outdoor cookout needs and preferences.
Other Factors to Consider for Barbecue Huts
On top of the best location for the BBQ hut, your wooden structure also needs other important factors such as the wood quality, roofing, windows, doors, and overall materials. Without these significant elements, your barbecue hut will just be a waste of time, energy, and money. Barbecue huts are lucrative investments that could boost the curb appeal, efficiency, and market value of your property. Thus, you need to do it right considering that it is also one of the most expensive ventures you would ever make.
Choose a BBQ hut roof that could withstand the weather and elements. Carefully consider the best tongue and groove design to ensure the strength and heavy-duty potentials of your roofing system.
Avoid white woods and go for redwoods if you want a superior finish for your BBQ hut. Redwood is also less prone to splitting and twisting and has a much longer lifespan. Consider wood treatment to avoid issues such as rotting and weathering.
Barbecue huts are popular nowadays because of the numerous benefits they have to offer. These are remarkable property improvements that give you the perfect venue to entertain guests at home while enjoying a great outdoor cookout.