Not everyone can enjoy the luxury of residential cabins, nevertheless, it is a remarkable investment that offers a handsome return. Most importantly, residential log homes are lucrative and long-lasting. With this kind of investment you could never go wrong. The most important thing to remember before shelling out cash for your log cabin is to find the right supplier or builder. Residential cabins are not created equal, thus, make sure that you check out the quality available before you progress any further.
Quality Guarantee for Long-Lasting Residential Cabins
Different producers and builders of residential log cabins have their own standards and methods. However, there are general qualifications and features that make a log cabin high in quality and design. Go for manufacturers of residential cabins that offer long years or even decades of warranty. The longer the warranty, the better and longer you can enjoy your investment, hassle free.
What are the things you need to look for in today’s residential cabins? Check out the characteristics of wooden log homes that make them pass the quality guarantee and standard:
Higher Resistance to Mould and Rot
Some types of timber are better in quality than others. Finer grade wood such as Nordic pine and Scandinavian spruce, among others, are better resistant to mould and rot. This resistance guarantees the longevity of residential cabins. Choose cabins with wood composites that have been slow-grown, which also means they have higher density. Highly dense wood or timber makes residential cabins naturally resistant to rotting and mould formation.
Innovative Wooden Doors and Windows
It is not enough that you have standard wooden windows and doors. Choose these features with the best quality, shape, practicality, and longevity. Modern manufacturers of residential cabins utilize innovative technology in order to create wooden doors and windows that are resistant to deformations. The previously inevitable deformation is due to moisture change exposure. Choose log homes with wooden doors and windows that have double glazing standards. High quality doors and windows also ensure a solid and refined finish.
Reliable Floor Base
Flooring is one of the most important and most salient features of residential cabins. The most stable and reliable floor base is pressure treated with heavy-duty floor bearers. The thicker and denser the floor base, the more solid the base for structure foundation. Thus, it also guarantees longevity and prevention of major and oftentimes hazardous flooring issues.
Secure and Stable Roof Construction
All high quality residential cabins have a safe and sturdy roof construction. Roof joists must be extra solid and thick in order to withstand the effects of weathering and the elements. Roofs are your first line of defence against rain, heavy winds, and other natural calamities. Contemporary log homes are made safer and more resistant to various destructions from nature as well as large loads. Modern residential cabins also have triple vault roof constructions in order to ensure more safety, regardless of how much the roofs are exposed to factors that destroy the foundation.
Extra Safety and Longevity Features
Floors, walls, and roofs are all essential parts of residential cabins. However, there are extra features that you can integrate into your log home investment. Some of these may be optional but a wise and good investment could certainly go a long way. You can always upgrade your log home and make it better and more durable through the years.
The following are some additional designs for a guarantee of quality and longevity:
- PVC Doors and Windows. Residential cabins are transformed into energy efficient dwellings through PVC windows and doors. PVC allows you to comply with building regulations, especially those that require better insulation and trusted quality. Reduce your carbon footprint and help save the environment through PVC log cabin features.
- Roof Boards and Tongue and Groove Floors. Roof boards as well as tongue and groove floors must be thicker, with an ideal measurement of 20mm. These features are usually included in many residential cabins as well as carports and wooden garages.
- Interchangeable Opposite Walls. Highly advanced manufacturers make use of innovative design features such as interchangeable walls. It is now possible to interchange the opposite walls with ease upon the request of the owner. Moreover, there are now designs that take a few hours rather than days to complete. These are remarkable features for modern residential cabins of modern owners with hectic schedules.
- Energy Efficient Roof Covering. In previous years, roof coverings are simple, boring, and were easily damaged. Nowadays, energy efficient roof coverings, such as Firestone EPDM felt, are designed for extreme durability. Residential cabins have been updated with the strongest features that last for as long as 50 years and longer. This optional feature is indeed a guarantee of quality and longevity. Moreover, it is safe due to its fire-resistant as well as maintenance free feature.
- Bitumen Roof Shingles. Roof protection and covering offers defence against the elements for better quality through the years. Multi-layer shingles are necessary roof protection and modern designs make them aesthetically attractive as well. There are well-known shingle brands that come in various designs, colours, and features. Products also vary in price range to suit different budgets for residential cabins.
- Heavy Duty Garage Doors. Modern residential cabins are integrated with wooden garage features. If you opt for this particular feature, make sure you also have heavy duty garage doors. Sturdy and massive double garage doors are usually made from high quality wood materials. They also have reinforced features particularly with galvanized metal frames, usually from both sides, meaning you have safe and intrusion-resistant residential cabins with bullet-proof garage doors for all types of safety preferences.
Quality definitely matters, especially if you are looking for guaranteed longevity for your investment. The best residential cabins are those with the sturdiest and most solid foundation that could withstand the tests of time. Make sure you entrust your log home investment in the hands of proven and tested manufacturers. Quality and reasonable rates always go hand in hand with residential log homes.